OCS School Packet
Our Children Succeed Initiative System of Care information and forms for school district personnel to download.
School Packet Information
- Initiative Overview (PDF)
- Services and Evaluation Executive Summary (PDF)
- Target Population and Specific Activities One Page Summary (PDF)
- Referral and Enrollment Fast Facts (PDF)
- School-based mental health professionals
- Cheri Skavlem (PDF)
- Jim Schober (PDF)
- Examples of Referrals (PDF)
- Multi-Agency Consent Form (Word) Updated 6/19/08
- School-Based Services Consent Form (PDF)
- Generic Consent to Release Information Form (PDF)
- Primary Referral Form (PDF)
All of the files in a compressed ZIP file (ZIP)
Download Adobe® Reader® to view PDFs.
Steps to enrollment for services, including in the grant funded service track.
A Consent to Release Information to NWMHC needs to be signed by the parent or guardian of a minor child, or by the adult being referred if 18 years of age or older. Note: a consent for school based mental health services is not a consent to release information.
Michelle and other staff members at NWMHC will work to complete the enrollment processes and review the referral to determine eligibility for the various services available. Note: if a referral is determined to be not eligible or appropriate for the grant-funded services, a referral to appropriate services will be determined.
Once a family or young adult is enrolled, the information is sent to Tri-Valley Opportunity Council for assignment of a Family Partner. This partner will be an advisor and advocate on behalf of the family during the time of services in the SOC. The family will be contacted by a Family Partner within two business days of enrollment.
A Care Team facilitator will be assigned, and will contact the family or young adult within three business days of enrollment to begin organizing the Care Team process. In the Care Team process, the family will be joined by any service providers and other supports they choose for the purpose of drafting a concerted plan for treatment and supports.