OJJDP Tool Kit for Creating Your Own Truancy Reduction Program
Communities are always searching for early signs of a child’s decision that school isn't worthwhile. Poor school attendance is one such marker that a young person may be headed for trouble. It is an indicator of a disposition to give up that is both reversible and preventable. Children who skip school are telling their parents, teachers, and principals that it is time to take action to keep them on track. This tool kit is designed to be a resource for doing just that.
- Introduction. 3 pages. PDF (19 KB)
- Chapter One: Overview of Truancy. 44 pages. PDF (1 MB)
- Chapter Two: Truancy Programs. 59 pages. PDF (1.2 MB)
- Chapter Three: Promoting School Engagement. 45 pages. PDF (2.1 MB)
- Chapter Four: Quick and Easy References. 78 pages. PDF (1.2 MB)